Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day and More...

It has been a quick couple of weeks since we returned from Atlanta. Liam constantly amazes me with how quickly he changes. He is so playful now. He still laughs and giggles all the time, but he has now learned how to ham it up on purpose. He has become so much more of a kid and less of a baby. I can note characteristics in his personality more and I can tell when he is trying to manipulate me. Man, it starts so early! He is still a big guy. Over 20 lbs and almost 30 inches. He is eating a ton of solid food, from carrots, peas and banana to asparagus, zucchini and pears. And he loves water! He loves to drink it, and he loves to play in it. Now every time he sees me drink from my water bottle he has to have a drink too. I am going to have to teach him very early on that I  will share a lot of things, but I DO NOT share dessert.  

After dinner and before bath time, Liam loves to hang out in his exersaucer and watch Baby Einstien. If dinner is a little wild he ends up hanging out nakey. But he LOVES to be naked. He squeals in delight every time we take off all of his clothes and carry him to the bath tub. 

Liam sleeps on his side or his tummy most of the time now. It is amazing to me, because just a month ago he still hated to be on his stomach. He started sleeping on his tummy the day after we had his final evaluation to see if he would have to wear the helmet or not because of the flat spot on the back of his head. Nice timing huh?

I love this picture of some of the kids in my mom's group for so many reasons!  You have seen a few other pictures of them together on the couch.  See how fast they grow up!? And, there is also nothing better than a few baby booties all in a row. They are playing inside our storage ottoman. Liam is in the white tee and blue pants, incase you weren't sure.

Now, on to my first Mother's Day.  It was wonderful!  We celebrated with my Aunt, Mom, Dad, Brother and Grandma.  We had a yummy brunch in the morning and then some present time. For those of you who don't know, we often call my Mom, Aunt and Grandma the three nuts. And I think this Mother's Day proved we have good reason to do so! These place mats are one of the gifts my mom gave my grandmother. I don't think I'll try to explain.

Then, my Aunt gave my Mom a card with Two little girls on the front making mean faces, one holding a ball and saying, "Mine." The card read, "Selfish doodie heads don't make good moms or good sisters." Then inside it said, "You are NOT a selfish doodie head." Let me tell you, they laughed and laughed and laughed some more.

Now I get to brag a little...Edwin gave me a beautiful card with with a promise of a massage followed by a picnic (and if you know Edwin at all you know it will be amazing!) to cash in on when I choose. And Liam, my thoughtful son, gave me a card that had his laugh recorded into it, a silver and platinum necklace from France and tickets to yesterdays Sounders game! Edwin and I went together to the sold out game and had an amazing time. I am certain we will be going to many more games in future because we both love to watch soccer. I think we will wait until next year to bring Liam, but we did get him a jersey in a size that should fit next summer!


And here is Liam, hamming it up before bed last night. His eyes look a little wild, but in his defense, it was dark in the room and the flash was a bit of a surprise. Man o man, we love this kid!

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh Nina, that is such a fun age!

Well, okay, they're all fun, but watching those little babies and toddlers learn and grow is constantly amazing.

Your frequent reader, but infrequent commenter...

Julie