Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Daddy's Little Girl

I think from the moment I was born I have been Daddy's little girl. I don't know exactly why, but I have some ideas. I know not all girls have this privilege and that there are many who don't want it, but it is something that I have always treasured. I will always be my Daddy's little girl, no matter how old I get. And I know he will see me that way no matter what I do. It is a special gift, the relationship between my dad and I, and I will be forever grateful that it was given to me.

Dad, thank you. Thank you for loving me so fiercely. Thank you for protecting me so completely. Thank you for believing in me beyond reason. Thank you for supporting me unconditionally. You have been a solid foundation for me to grow on. You have challenged me to always reach for more than I think I can. Thank you for always putting family first, no matter what, and teaching me to do the same. Thank you for all of the humor you have poured into my life. Thank you for being a man who is loyal, serving, and generous to those he loves. Thank you that you are a safe place for me, that I know I can count on you no matter the circumstance. Thank you for giving me the best of everything you have even when you have to sacrifice much to do it. Thank you for working so hard, with such integrity, for so many years, so that I could be comfortable, even when I was ungrateful.

Thank you, Dad, for sitting through every one of my sporting events, no matter how boring, no matter the weather, no matter where or when it was. And for cheering me on and encouraging me whatever my performance. Thank you for indulging my dreams and picking me up when they let me down. Thank you for pushing me and disciplining me. Thank you for always making time to play with me. Thank you for loving my Mom so well. Thank you for loving my husband, and now my son, with the same intensity that you love me. 

I could go on and on about you Dad (don't pretend like you don't want me to!). But, I don't think that words can do justice to the connection that we share. It is different, special, remarkable. I need you, Dad. I always have and I always will. I am your clone in so many ways that I need you to help me understand me. I love you with all of my heart and then some. 

Happy Father's Day from your one and only little girl,
Das

This may seem like a funny picture to choose, but I love it! It makes me think of all the fun that I had with my dad growing up and I know that Liam will have similar stories with his grandpa.


1 comment:

Dena said...

wow. this totally made me cry.