Saturday, October 11, 2008

Liam's Grand Entrance

If nothing else, Liam sure knows how to make an entrance! The last two and a half weeks have been a whirlwind. I feel like I have aged 10 years already, but I am sure that my youth will return as we settle in.

I am posting a slide show of Liam's first two weeks. It is a little long, but so much happened. My water broke Monday the 22nd and he was born and airlifted the 23rd. The 24th through the 2nd or 3rd (I can't remember) he spent fighting and growing his little lungs. Then the 3rd through the 5th He learned how to suck, swallow and breathe at the same time. We were discharged from Everett Providence NICU on Sunday the 5th of October at 3:30 in the afternoon. The nurse rolled Liam out to the car in a big red wagon with much celebrating and fanfare. And by the 6th of October the three of us were relaxing at home, thanking God for the speed of Liam's growth. Now we are finally settled and learning how to be a family of three.

Thank you all for all of your prayers, gifts, encouragement, and support. We would have felt very alone with out it. Let us know if you would like to visit!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would like to visit
megan

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your home! I'm home sick to come see you! I hope to come home in the spring...seems like forever, but I can't wait to meet Liam. I've prayed for him for a LONG time! :-) Love you.

The Bryant Family said...

So precious! So glad he's home and we can't wait to meet him!
Rachel B

Anonymous said...

I am so happy Liam is home and you can both love on him all the time. We can't wait to meet him! Love and miss you - call if you need anything!

Love,
Brian, Jolene, Evan and Lyla

Anonymous said...

Nina,

What a precious gift you have been given in adorable little Liam! May the Lord continue to renew your strength day by day and fill both of you with much wisdom and patience as you learn to be a family of three. Give him a big squeeze from me!!!
Thanks for posting the slideshow! Keep it up, those of us who are far away love seeing lots of pictures!!
Love you dear friend.

Kaari said...

So glad to hear that Liam is finally at home! What a blessing he is! Congrats!