Friday, August 20, 2010

Baths and Bedtime

I know from experience with Liam that all I have to do is blink my eyes and my little newborn is two years old already. They grow up so fast! I had a friend tell me once that when it comes to our children the years fly by, it is the days that seem to drag on forever. And there are times when she is so right!

Jonah has been with us now for two and a half weeks and it has felt like a very long time. He has been quite a fussy little guy and we have gotten very little sleep. I started to panic, thinking that he was going to be colicky and fussy for months to come! But we found out the other day that he was just extremely hungry, poor little guy. We started supplementing his feedings with bottles and he is a completely different baby. He still has some very fussy moments and isn't the easiest to get to sleep, but things are going much better the last few days.

Today we gave him his first real bath. He has had a sponge bath or two, but we couldn't fully bathe him until his umbilical and circumcision were totally healed. Naturally we couldn't help but get some video and pictures of his first bath and our cute squeaky clean little man! My favorite part? When his hair is wet it is really curly and so so sweet!






Not to be outdone, Liam has given us some good laughs lately. I noticed in the last week or so that every time I go to get him in the morning or after naps, and when we catch him out of bed when he is supposed to be going to sleep, that he is hanging out behind his door. We have no idea why. There aren't any toys or books there and he doesn't take any over to play with either. Anyway, last night Edwin and I went to check on him before we went to sleep. All of the lights were off in the house and it was dark outside. I opened the door and it bumped into something on the floor about 1/3 of the way open. At first I couldn't see what toy Liam left there that would be blocking the door. But on further inspection I saw the sweet sleeping face of my little man! Liam had snuck out of bed and fallen asleep hanging out behind the door. Why? We have no idea. But it made for some good laughs and funny pictures!




3 comments:

Mady said...

Jonah esta precioso, ojos lindos y ese pelo me encanta!! Liam me hizo reir durmiendo en el suelo...el tambien esta bello un besito para los dos! Saludos y abrazos a los padres (para que no se pongan celosos hahaha).

kirsten said...

I got the same little little blue and brown polka-dotted sleeper that Jonah is wearing at one of my showers!! So adorable. :o)

Richard Spillman said...

Evie

I notice that on linkedin you liked my offer of a free copy of DWJD - Do What Jesus Did. I would love to send you one. Email your address to thekingdomisnear@gmail.com and I will put one in the mail for you.

I noted on you profile page that you live in Bellingham. I love that city. I went to WWU only it was WWSC at the time. I meet my future wife there. We live in Tacoma but every now and then we go up to walk through the campus. It has changed a lot but there still are so many memories. Then we like to drive out on Chuckanut drive (a trip that also brings back many memories).

Rick