Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our First Thanksgiving at Home


Not only was it Liam's first Thanksgiving, but it was our first thanksgiving at home. We had so much fun. I did a ton of cooking on Wednesday and Grandma and Grandpa took care of Liam. Let me tell you, it was not hard to get them to babysit! Thursday Great Grandma Mary, Grandma Nancy, Aunt Mikki, Uncle Dan and some of our cousins, Ellie, Nathan and Jordan came up to join us.
We had a great time talking, laughing, playing games and chowing down! Liam was, of course, the main event as all babies usually are. He was so calm and sweet all day. God sure gave us a wonderful kid.
I always look forward to spending time with family and I love to be home, so this thanksgiving was my all time favorite. I felt so blessed. We missed my brother Jeff and his girlfriend Christine, but they came up for a visit the day after thanksgiving. Some other regulars that were missed were my cousin Aaron and my Uncle John and Aunt Karen.
Needless to say we have so much to be thankful for, but this year I was overwhelmed with thankfulness. There is nothing like your first few holidays with a new little baby. He makes everything seem so much more colorful.

No comments: