Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Liam Thomas Martinez

Born: 8:04 a.m. September 23, 2008
6lbs 10 oz, 20' long
Liam is a gift from God who we have been praying for, for many years.  He was born almost 6 
weeks early in Bellingham, WA and his lungs are not fully developed.  So he took his first helicopter trip later the same day to Everett where he has 
the option for further care, should he need it.  So far he has done well and is stable, but needs to continue developing so he can begin feeding on his own and not an IV.

He is a beautiful boy and I'm speechless as I look at him wondering what he will be like.  Right now all I know is he likes it when I put my hand on his head as it often stops his crying.  And he has a pretty good grip when he wraps his little hand around my finger.

My beautiful wife had done an amazing job carrying him and delivering him.  I am so proud of how strong she is and am glad she is now with me in Everett with our son.  Nina will post more soon, but today was my boys second day of life and I had to post something so those of you who are further away can see a picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the picture of your adorable little boy for those of us who are far away, wishing we could be there to give all of you big hugs and pray with you....just know that we are standing in the gap for you and for precious Liam, asking the Lord to be your rock in this time and to continue the miracle of breathing life into his little body. We can't wait to meet him face to face!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Chubs! I have kept up a little through your mom and got your funny text last night! So, glad I got to see y'all (as tuckered as I was) and am bummed I missed meeting Liam by a day! We are praying for him down here too! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful! Our prayers are with each of you and we send all our love.
The Watters Clan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a sweet baby!

We are praying that his lungs develop quickly and that you'll be able to get settled at home soon!

Love,
Cam, Betsy, Sean and Caleb Watters